An American Actor, Will Smith has explored the 60.02m deep pool in Dubai, WonderTV Media reports.
The Hollywood star shared a video about the exciting moment on his social media page with the caption; “This gives new meaning to deep end of the pool 😧 @deepdivedubai is INSANE!! #DeepDiveDubai”.
Some important things to note about the world’s deepest pool.
* The depth of the pool is 60.02metres (over 196 feet).
* Currently holding the Guinness world record for the world’s deepest swimming pool for diving.
* Has underwater pool, foosball, chess, etc.
* It was first visited by the crown prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
* The facility is indoors and its freshwater is kept at 86 degrees Fahrenheit for comfortable diving.
* Its concrete oyster shape is fitted with 56 cameras to ensure diver safety.
* The indoor pool is housed inside a 1,500-square-meter oyster-shaped structure, a nod to the United Arab Emirates’ history as a pearl diving nation.
* State-of-the-art lighting and sound systems are fitted inside the pool to create different atmospheres.
* The diving complex has a restaurant equipped with large windows and TV screens, allowing non-diving families and friends to watch from dry land.
* It also has the region’s most advanced hyperbaric chamber with a capacity of 12 people in case of an emergency.
The facility is expected to open to the public in late July and anyone of any experience level can dive, as long as they are 10 years or older.